The ICUSB2321F 1-port USB to Serial RS232 adapter cable with FTDI chipset and COM Retention converts an available USB 1.1 or 2.0 port into an RS232 serial DB9 port to connect, monitor and control your serial devices.
This compact adapter features COM retention, allowing the same COM port value to automatically be re-assigned to the port if the cable is disconnected and re-connected to the host computer, or if the system is rebooted. The ICUSB2321F uses the FTDI chipset which supports additional customization, advanced features, and compatibility not necessarily offered by other solutions.
Compatibility with a broad list of Operating Systems including Windows®, Windows CE, Mac OS and Linux, makes this product easy to integrate into mixed environments.
Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports
Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDU
1 - USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter
1 - Driver CD
1 - Instruction Manual
- Integrated FTDI USB UART Chip
- Baud Rate up to 115.2Kbps
- COM Port assignments maintained across reboot
- Powered by the USB port - no external power adapter required
- Single cable design for portability
- Designed to make serial port expansion quick and easy
- Compatible with Windows®, Mac OS and Linux
- 6-foot cable length for connecting to devices without having to be too close
- USB to Straight-Through RS232 Serial Adapter
- The FTDI chipset is highly customizable and compatible, making it the ideal solution for any setup
- Portable USB-Powered design requires no bulky power adapter or outlet
- Simple installation and operation with COM port retention provides robust serial connectivity for legacy devices