The 3.5" SATA hard drive hot-swap bay allows you to install a 3.5" SATA drive in an available/unused 5.25" drive bay. To remove the drive, it's as simple as opening the front panel door; to re-insert a drive, simply insert the drive (connector first) until the door closes.
The hot swap bay offers a trayless design that makes it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to quickly access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.
With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
System builders who need to image drives quickly and efficiently
Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
1 - 5.25" Tray-Less SATA Hot-Swap Bay
2 - Key
1 - Screw Kit
1 - Instruction Manual
- Holds a 3.5" SATA drive in a front accessible 5.25" bay
- Trayless design: drives are not mounted into separate trays/enclosures
- Lockable drive bay
- Internal rubber shock absorbers
- 50,000+ insertion rating
- Power and Activity LED indicator
- Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Supports 3.5" form factor SATA hard drives
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Quickly and easily install or remove hard drives without having to open the chassis with the innovative trayless design
- Rubber shock absorbers, a solid aluminum construction and 50,000+ insertion rating ensures longevity from both the drives and bay