The ECUSB3S254F 2-Port Flush Mount USB 3.0 ExpressCard Adapter lets you add two USB 3.0 ports to your ExpressCard-enabled laptop.
The USB 3.0 card uses a unique design that allows it to sit flush in a standard 54mm laptop ExpressCard slot, creating a seamless add-on that can be left installed even while on the move, without having to worry about impact damage to either the card or the ExpressCard slot.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card supports data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 (at up to 480Mbps), or USB 1.1/1.0 at up to 1.5/1.2 Mbps respectively - the perfect laptop accessory for users to connect USB devices, both new and old.
Improved Performance with UASPUASP is supported in Windows® 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
1 - ExpressCard USB 3.0 Card
1 - USB to DC Power Adapter Cable
1 - Driver CD
- Unique flush-mount form factor design
- Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant ports with support for transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- UASP support for more efficient data transfer
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.x devices
- Compliant with USB 3.0 base specification 1.0 and xHCI specification 0.95
- Compliant with PCI Express specification 2.0
- Built-in external DC power connector (optional)
- Users who need USB connectivity, but do not need to swap between other ExpressCard adapters, so will leave the card installed in the card slot
- Mobile users who want to leave ExpressCard adapters installed, without worry about damaging the card or slot while on the move
- Connect high performance USB 3.0 external storage devices to a laptop
- Upgrade an older laptop with USB 3.0 connectivity
- Expand on your laptop expansion capabilities with additional USB ports