LifeSize endpoints provide customers with true UC in many environments
MICROSOFT WORLDWIDE PARTNER CONFERENCE, LOS ANGELES, July 11, 2011 - LifeSize, a division of Logitech (Nasdaq: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), today announced an enhancement of its superior video conferencing offerings through full qualification with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2. Today, all of the LifeSize 220™ Series endpoints (including LifeSize® Team 220™, LifeSize® Room 220™ and LifeSize® Express 220™) and LifeSize® Passport™ are officially qualified within the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 platform. These products are currently on display at the 2011 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference taking place July 10-14 in Los Angeles.
By interoperating with Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and Microsoft Lync Server 2010, users can now experience seamless video calling across the enterprise to connect from conference rooms, shared workspaces, desktop PCs and mobile platforms.
“Once we achieved qualification with our Team 220 system, it was the next logical step to expand that offering to our entire line of products,” said Craig Malloy, chief executive officer of LifeSize and Logitech senior vice president. “I believe that our strong relationship with Microsoft reinforces LifeSize’s dedication to delivering a truly integrated video communications experience to anyone, anywhere.”
LifeSize announced qualification of its LifeSize Team 220 solution in late February 2011. At that time, the company was pursuing full qualification on an aggressive timeline: the end of the calendar year. Today, LifeSize has accomplished that feat five months earlier than forecasted and is currently the first video solution vendor to qualify its full suite for the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 platform.
Benefits of full suite qualification for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 include:
- Simple deployment through auto configuration with the Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- Authentication and Encryption (TLS/SRTP) for secure, reliable communications
- Firewall/Network Address Translation (NAT) traversal via Microsoft Edge Services
- Unified presence status with the ability to place and receive calls from one Office Communications Server 2007 R2 account across multiple devices (PC or a LifeSize system)
- Directory simplicity via LifeSize system and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 contact lists
- Multiparty bridging through the embedded Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) inside LifeSize Room 220, LifeSize Team 220 and LifeSize Express 220
“Microsoft is pleased to broaden our collaboration with LifeSize and to continue to offer customers a great video experience,” Kirk Gregersen, senior director, Microsoft Lync. “LifeSize has truly established itself as a leader in the video industry with solutions such as the LifeSize 220™ Series endpoints."
Pricing and Availability
LifeSize system software to support Microsoft Office Communications Server R2 and Microsoft Lync is globally available for download