- Latest addition to the EV-Innovation (EV-I) family of installation-dedicated loudspeakers
- Complements other members of the EV-I family when used for delay, fill, and wall-mount applications, etc.
Orlando, FL, June 15, 2011: Electro-Voice is launching the new EVU ultracompact member of the EV-Innovation family of installation-dedicated loudspeakers at InfoComm 2011.
EVU systems support and complement the other members of the EV-Innovation family (EVA true line array, EVF front-load, and EVH horn-load) when used for delay, under-balcony, front-fill, wall-mount, and distributed audio applications.
Four EVU systems are available:
- EVU-1062/95 (single 6.5-inch woofer)
- EVU-2062/95 (dual 6.5-inch woofer)
- EVU-1082/95 (single 8-inch woofer)
- EVU-2082/95 (dual 8-inch woofer)
The single-woofer EVU-1062/95 offers the most compact enclosure (just over 8 inches high and 14 inches wide), yet system power-handling capacity and sensitivity are quite high for the size: 160 W continuous and 92 dB 1 W/1 m, respectively.
The EVU-2062/95 dual-woofer system is wider (21 inches), with increased power handling (300 W) and sensitivity (94 dB) for a 5 dB increase in maximum output.
For a modest increase in enclosure dimensions (about 10 inches high and 16 inches wide) the single-woofer EVU-1082/95 offers twice the maximum output than its 6.5-inch counterpart (+3 dB). The dual-woofer EVU-2082/95 doubles the maximum output again.
For both the dual-woofer systems, one woofer is “shaded” (high-frequency response rolled off before the crossover frequency) in order to usefully reduce the inevitable midrange interference of spaced woofers.
All four EVU systems employ an ICT-1-8 small-format high-frequency compression driver with a 1.3-inch titanium diaphragm, mounted on a six-inch-square, 90° x 50° rotatable waveguide. Sophisticated, 18-dB-octave passive crossover/EQ networks are tuned for under-balcony/front-fill applications, optimizing mid- and high-frequency performance for ideal alignment to the main system.
- 6.5- and 8-inch woofers allow ultracompact enclosures
- Ideal solution for delay, distributed, front-fill, under-balcony, and wall-mounted audio applications
- Asymmetrical enclosure shape provides an appropriate vertical aiming angle for both under-balcony and stage-lip applications
- Sophisticated, 18-dB-octave passive crossover/EQ networks
- Six M8 threaded suspension points and supplied U-bracket
- Rear mounting points accept OmniMount brackets
- Available in black or white